A Year of Change. A Lifetime of Opportunity. August 2018 intake across the West Midlands.
***Please complete and return an application form found on our website to apply, www.cityyear.org.uk/join. You must be 18-25 to be eligible***
City Year UK is a national youth and education charity and beacon of a volunteer service year. We are recruiting 18 to 25 year olds to be inspirational role models, mentors and tutors to children and young people who need it the most. You will be a young leader based in a school based in a disadvantaged area, whilst improving your own career prospects through challenging work experience and personal and professional development workshops .
What will you do?
Working in a team alongside your peers, you will become a role model for children and young people. During term-time, you could be:
- welcoming children to encourage punctuality and attendance;
- providing in-class support to boost attainment;
- giving 1:1 help to children who need it most;
- leading breakfast and after-school clubs.
We offer you:
- careers exploration sessions, work shadowing days and networking opportunities;
- professional skills training including presenting and project management;
- CV and interview guidance;- a mentor who can offer advice and help with your careers;
- ongoing training to give you the skills you'll need to volunteer in schools.
Over 700 young adults have served with City Year UK since 2010, progressing into careers within education, social work, law enforcement, finance, engineering, marketing and many others.
What will you get?
- £90 personal expenses in the West Midlands every week during term time
- Additional travel expenses
- Leadership, personal and professional development activities.
Visit our website today for more information and our application form. Please submit this to the Recruitment and Admissions Team as soon as possible. If you have any questions, call the recruitment team on 0121 643 0278.
Job Type: Full-time