Veganuary's vision is a world where veganism is a mainstream lifestyle choice and an established social norm. Our positive tone and approach is one that reaches out to all parts of society.
Launched in the UK in January 2014, Veganuary is an online global campaign that encourages people to ‘try vegan for January’. We provide all the practical support required to make the switch, and an inclusive online community in which new vegans can thrive.
We seek to make the transition to veganism easy and enjoyable, and our methods are geared to increasing accessibility and the likelihood that change will be long-term.
Veganuary has grown exponentially since its launch, doubling in participant numbers every year. The 2018 campaign is expected to attract over 150,000 participants.
Veganuary Fast Facts
- 100,000 participants since 2014, taking part in 172 countries
- 67% of 2017 survey respondents indicated they would be staying vegan
- 4,000,000 website page views during the 2017 campaign
- 108 animals spared per £1 spent
- 14,012,825 spared as a result of Veganuary 2017